1) You remember enjoying when you’d get the chance to stay over in hotels.
2) Now you’d rather just make a long drive home and get into your own bed.
3) You’re starting to appreciate the occasions you get to leave on time on a Friday.
4) You remember being hyped when you started working in sales at 21 and you got a 3 series BMW.
5) Now you’re annoyed your boss won’t sign off on that 5 series.
6) And you’re not given planning on going out drinking.
7) You think you’re actually more capable than being “just a salesman”.
8) Until you have to pay your taxes or you ignore yet another pile of admin and you realise that you’re quite happy where you are.
9) Most of the time though you feel like you’re getting your shit together for the first time in your life.
10) You call the new sales guy a “kid”.
11) And you’re finding yourself having more in common than you thought with the older sales guys.
12) But you draw the line when they start going on about kids/grandkids.
13) You still think you’re a hustler
14) Who can close any deal…
15) But you’re not sure if sales is a career or a stop gap
16) And you’re slightly worried you don’t have a choice in the matter anymore
17) But you’re making great money so for now, who cares?!