Chris Voss is an ex FBI hostage negotiator that knows how to get people to do what he says.
In this episode Chris shares some seemingly counter intuitive techniques to talk anyone into doing anything.
Come into this one with your moral compass in hand as you’ll be needing it.
I know, watching/listening to a podcast through a browser sucks. Click the links below and never miss an episode by subscribing on your mobile device –
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [1:03] Show intro
- [2:03] Interview starts
- [2:37] Is it really possible to get anyone to do anything?
- [3:37] Trapping people with “yes”
- [7:37] Why manipulation makes us feel gross
- [9:10] The first step to influence
- [12:23] How to find someones “religion”
- [19:02] The counter-intuitive psychology
- [23:22] Getting background to someones view point
- [29:13] How to judge if someone is actually committed or not
- [36:11] Once piece of advice for #SalesNation
- [39:44] Wrap up
Brought to you by: Qstream
Qstream will make your sales teams great in just 3 minutes per day.
It combines scenario-based sales challenges, and the brain science I love in a simple solution which is clinically proven to improve sales results.
Request a free demo Salesman.Red/Qstream and start building a SMARTER sales team today.
Chris’s previous episode: FBI Negotiation Secrets From Former Hostage Negotiator Chris Voss
ENJOY THIS EPISODE? Why not leave us a iTunes review to say thank you. It takes 20 seconds but makes a huge difference to the number of sales pro’s we reach each month.