Geoff Woods is an ex-medical device sales rep turned host of The One Thing podcast. On today’s episode he’s sharing how we can manage our time more effectively by setting habits, knowing our priorities and so close more deals, easier than ever before.
What you will learn in this episode:
We cover a lot of ground from habit setting to calendar blocking. There’s a tonne of great, actionable content in this episode –
- The importance of being selfish and blocking off your calendar to focus 100% on your most important sales tasks
- How to create new success habits and then stack them on top of each other over time
- How to prioritise your time and only do the tasks that earn your more money
Time stamps for audio version of show:
- [00:42] – Intro
- [02:05] – In general, how good are sales professionals at spending time on the tasks that really matter?
- [04:05] – How do most sales reps spend their time?
- [04:31] – Geoffs “One Thing” that made him manage his time better in medical device sales
- [07:32] – How to spend more time on lead generation and less time on “fighting fires”
- [09:47] – Do we need to be more selfish with our sales time?
- [15:05] – The importance of getting clear and blocking out time in your diary for prospecting
- [17:47] – Do we apply too much importance to “urgent requests” in our own minds?
- [20:06] – How does time management play into living a bigger life in general?
- [23:06] – Does ego break peoples ability to focus and concentrate?
- [28:49] – The first step to put in place to eliminate having a scattered brain, scattered diary and scattered focus in sales
- [35:25] – Wrap up
ENJOY THIS EPISODE? Why not leave us a iTunes review to say thank you. It takes 20 seconds but makes a huge difference to the number of sales pro’s we reach each month.