Mark Ripley is the VP of sales at Insightly. He’s a true sales practitioner and joins me on today’s episode to share the differences between the science and the art of selling in the internet age.
What you will learn in this episode:
Mark outlines the best way I’ve ever heard to document insights and build a sales asset which you own. In addition you will learn –
- The importance of understanding both the art and science of selling
- When to draw the line in your research gathering efforts
- How to deliver insights that make prospects want to get on the phone with you
Time stamps for audio version of show:
- [00:35] – Intro
- [02:19] – What is the art of sales? What is the science of sales?
- [05:53] – Can we engineer the art out of selling?
- [07:54] – What insights can we deliver to customers that we couldn’t even just looking back a couple of years ago?
- [11:04] – Real example of a powerful insight
- [18:14] – The process to document “insights”
- [31:09] – When does knowledge gathered from social media get weird for prospects?
- [43:36] – Wrap up
- Inslightly CRM
- InsideView – Sales intelligence tool that Mark mentioned
- SalesLoft – Mark also mentioned this sales enablement tool
ENJOY THIS EPISODE? Why not leave us a iTunes review to say thank you. It takes 20 seconds but makes a huge difference to the number of sales pro’s we reach each month.