What you will learn in this episode:
Michael openly and honestly shares some of the tactics that sales leadership use to separate the best from the worst candidates. He and also explains –
- Why you don’t necessarily need experience to get a sales job in a specific industry
- How to demonstrate skills rather than just talk about them
- Why waiting for an opening and submitting a CV isn’t the best way to secure that dream sales job
Time stamps for audio version of show:
- [00:35] – Intro
- [03:14] – Do you need industry experience to secure a “tech” sales role?
- [07:36] – Who gets hired first, a BDR with industry experience or a rep from another industry with a good selling track record?
- [11:48] – Personal values needed to work in sales at Hubspot
- [14:33] – Will screwed up… but personal branding saved the day
- [17:17] – How to demonstrate skills/values rather than just talking about them
- [28:58] – What is going on behind the scenes during the interviews that candidates should know about…?
- [35:41] – How to take an “account based selling” approach to closing a sales job
- [38:18] – What is a total potential job destroyer when you’re being Googled?
- [43:21] – Is personal brand going to become more and more important in sales?
- [50:45] – Wrap up
Click here to open the transcript
ENJOY THIS EPISODE? Why not leave us a iTunes review to say thank you. It takes 20 seconds but makes a huge difference to the number of sales pro’s we reach each month.