Sean Burke is the CEO of Kitedesk and has a really unique angle on the idea of qualifying new business.
Why not reach out and give people the opportunity to care about us rather than spamming them with templated crappy emails or cold calls…?
What you will learn in this episode:
Sean shares that qualifying new business isn’t just a process it’s a mindset. Additionally he explains –
- Why most salespeople suck at qualification
- That you shouldn’t just give out free industry consultation sessions to anyone that asks
- A bunch of examples of how you can “add value” to the C-suite
Time stamps for audio version of show:
- [00:58] – Intro
- [02:36] – Is the average sales professional good or bad at qualifying?
- [08:02] – The “industry standard” process of qualifying new business…
- [09:20] – If a salesperson has no qualifying process, are they just dumping everything into the CRM?
- [11:19] – Is the process as simple as, “if I can’t add value to them, then they’re not qualified?”
- [16:50] – Examples of adding more value up front
- [33:44] – Are we just giving free consulting or are we framing up conversations to focus on areas our product solves?
- [46:25] – Wrap up
ENJOY THIS EPISODE? Why not leave us a iTunes review to say thank you. It takes 20 seconds but makes a huge difference to the number of sales pro’s we reach each month.